VPI HR-X with JMW-12.7 3D Tonearm & ADS
Upscale Audio is the only VPI dealer in California that is VPI Trained & Certified to handle all of your VPI needs!
JMW 12-inch 3D Tonearm, ADS Speed Controller, and Outer Ring Clamp Come Standard!
This is a very special opportunity to get an HRX with the machined arm for an unbelievable price.
Save even more with our Super Pack! Buy any cartridge we sell at an additional savings. We are VPI certified and can set the turntable up for you no charge. In fact, VPI founder Harry Weisfeld uses the Kiseki Purpleheart phono cartridge that Upscale Audio imports on his personal turntable. Upscale Audio stocks more VPI than anybody on the West Coast. We stock every single model in every color.
The HR-X is known to reviewers and manufacturers around the world for it's natural reproduction of scale and sweep, which are two of the things that make us feel like we are listening to live music. With world class detail, low noise, pace, and timing, the HR-X will bring the concert hall into your home. Best of all, it does this without fiddling, tweaking, or constant resetting. The HR-X is a statement among belt drive turntables! The drive system and the periphery clamp result in wow, flutter, and rumble that are all below measurability providing world class sound.
Every aspect of HR-X is optimized for maximum performance. The acrylic platter is cut to tolerances within five thousandths of an inch and sits on an inverted bearing for lower noise and lower rotational inertia. The JMW 12.7 tonearm is mounted directly to the HR-X plinth for exceptional rigidity. The HR-X drive system consists of two ultra-low powered motors on either side of a seven-pound, center-mounted flywheel that spins at 500RPM. The included Perphery Ring Clamp works like a vacuum to hold down the outside edge of the record. The SDS speed controller delivers absolute speed accuracy.
"What you get with the VPI TNT HR-X, however, is as close to the sound of silence I have yet heard. This is not just a matter of the best signal-to-noise ratio I have ever heard from an analog front end. There is an amazing lack of low-level coloration to the sound."
- Anthony Cordesman, The Absolute Sound, Product of the Year Award
- Triple-laminated chassis (Acrylic-Aluminum-Acrylic) is heavy, rigid, and critically damped. Each layer is machined separately and then assembled before being combined with the corner assemblies to produce a uniformly aligned system.
- A periphery ring clamp centered by the platter, not the record, provides vacuum-like hold-down without the problems inherent in a vacuum system.
- Stainless-steel HR-X center weight.
- 40-pound separate machined drive system uses two low-powered 24-pole 300RPM AC synchronous motors driving a 12-pound flywheel. The drive unit is machined from a solid block of aluminum, its accuracy assured by using only one piece, giving the lowest-possible wow and flutter from a belt drive.
- Flywheel spins at 300RPM and has 62 times the inertia of a 25-pound platter.
- The combination of flywheel drive system, inverted bearing, and accuracy of machining leads to extremely low levels of wow, flutter, rumble, and FM distortion.
- The isolation system built into the feet allow it to be placed very close to 4 -15” woofers with no noticeable effect.