RETURN & WARRANTY POLICIES
Satisfaction Guarantee / Return Policy
If you are not happy with your purchase for any reason you may return your item to us in its original packaging and outer shipping box within 60 days of receipt for a complete refund. Shipping fees paid, if any, are not refundable under any circumstance. Return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer.
• Special order items are non-returnable.
• Turntables and phono cartridges are non-returnable unless deemed defective, and then for exchange only. In the case of phono cartridges, your cartridge must be returned and deemed defective by the manufacturer before it will be exchanged.
• Record-cleaning machines are non-returnable unless deemed defective.
• Acrylic turntable dustcovers are non-returnable.
• Vacuum tubes are electronic parts and are not refundable under any circumstances. This is to protect you, our customer. We are known for the quality of our inventory, and that means we don’t send you tubes that have been out of our possession and possibly used improperly.
Upon the second return request in a 60-day period, Upscale reserves the right to refund your transaction to store credit only.
Serial return policy abusers will be notified of return policy exceptions for them and for all future purchases they make.
Trades are negotiated transactions; returns or exchanges are approved on a case-by-case basis.
Upscale double-boxes or triple-boxes most all shipments. If you return any product without a generic outer box you will be subject to a 5% repackaging fee.
All sales on used equipment are final. No refunds or exchanges. No exceptions. All used equipment, with the exception of disc players, is covered by the Upscale Certified Pre-Owned 90-Day Warranty unless otherwise noted in the product description. Should your item develop a problem within the warranty period, Upscale will pay for the repair or refund the purchase price, at Upscale's discretion. Disc players have a 30-day warranty. Shipping is not refundable under any circumstances.
Return Acceptance Policy
Returns are not accepted without authorization from Upscale Audio.
Equipment must be returned as new, in the same packaging received. A second box must be put around the factory boxes.
All items are inspected upon receipt. The customer may be liable for any items that are returned damaged or missing parts. Items such as remotes and power cords can shift around in shipping and may damage the equipment. Make sure these items are packed securely.
Refused & Undeliverable Shipments
If the shipping company is unable to deliver or if the customer refuses to accept their shipment, the order will be refunded minus the original shipping charge and return shipping charge when received at Upscale Audio.
Warranty (Vacuum Tubes)
Vacuum tubes are warrantied for 90 days from the date of shipment, against defects, except in cases of abuse, and replaced with like-item only.
A tube returned for warranty replacement must have a return authorization number from Upscale Audio. This RA number must be written on the outside of the box. Please also include a note in the box that has your name and telephone number, and please explain the issues with the tube. If this information is missing it will delay the shipment of your replacement tube. Returned tubes must be shipped with sufficient packaging to protect them from damage. Tubes shipped in inadequate packaging will have a voided warranty and will be refused at the customer's expense.
Warranty is only valid for residents of the United States and Canada.
Warranty replacements are not sent in advance. Suspected defective tubes must be returned to Upscale Audio at the customer’s expense. Once we have inspected and verified a tube is defective a replacement is shipped free of charge.
If an expedited replacement is needed it must be paid for in advance (ground shipping is free). When the returned tube has been inspected and verified defective a refund will be processed.
Exceptions to our vacuum tube warranty policy are as follows:
• Upscale Audio reserves the right to refuse warranty at our discretion based on the equipment being re-tubed.
• Vacuum tubes purchased for use in guitar amps or other pro audio and recording equipment have no warranty. No exceptions.
• Upscale Audio is not liable for any damage or injury caused by the improper use of its tubes or the use of an incorrect/incompatible tube type. If you are unsure of what tube or tubes your equipment uses, consult the manufacturer before making a purchase. Using an incompatible tube type may cause severe damage to your equipment and will void your tube's warranty.
• Vacuum tubes are electronic parts and are not refundable under any circumstances.
Warranty (other products)
New, Demo, Open, and Showpiece equipment carries the full manufacturer's warranty unless otherwise specified. Warranty replacements are sent via ground shipping regardless of the shipping method selected at the time of purchase.