Mark Levinson No515 Turntable
To achieve the stunning design and performance of the № 515, Mark Levinson partnered with VPI Industries, renowned for turntable innovations and exceptional build quality. The № 515 Turntable is handcrafted in the USA to meet the exacting demands of the engineers and designers at Mark Levinson.
The № 515 is based on a highly damped vinyl-wrapped composite and aluminum sandwich main chassis. The chassis is supported by machined Delrin-and-aluminum Mark Levinson feet with a vibration-damping polymer core. The solid aluminum platter rotates on an inverted bearing, which employs a hardened stainless steel shaft spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing for maximum rotational accuracy.
The powerful high torque AC synchronous motor is mounted to a separate vinyl-wrapped composite and aluminum sandwich chassis and housed in its own mechanically isolated enclosure. A precision-machined pulley and triple belt drive system provide smooth, quiet operation. A custom-designed, low-distortion analog oscillator and discrete, class AB power amplifier deliver pristine power to the synchronous motor, while integrated electronic speed control delivers accurate 33 and 45 RPM operation at the push of a button.
The № 515 features a gimbal-mounted, 3D-printed tonearm with integral headshell, stainless steel counterweight, and discrete internal cartridge lead routing. The tonearm is mounted to a rigid machined aluminum arm base featuring a precision calibrated vertical tracking angle with on the fly adjustment. The Mark Levinson “knob inspired” stainless steel record weight and felt platter mat ensure maximum stability of playback.
The № 515 is the perfect complement to the Pure Phono stage included in the № 526 and № 523 preamplifiers. The № 515 turntable will be available either with or without a factory installed moving coil phono cartridge.
- First-class analog source designed for the Pure Phono stage found in the № 523 and № 526
- Highly dampened composite and aluminum sandwich main chassis
- Custom gimbal-mounted, 3D printed tonearm with integral headshell for smooth and fluid tracking
- Integrated electronic speed control for precision 33 and 45 RPM performance at the touch of a button
- Optimized drive system with mechanically isolated enclosure and triple belt drive
- High torque AC synchronous motor
- Uncompromised chassis construction with exceptional dampening properties
- Machined Delrin and aluminum feet with a vibration-damping polymer core
- Solid aluminum platter rotates on an inverted bearing
Wow and flutter: <0.1%
Dimensions (HWD): 7.9" x 21" x 15.9"
Weight: 58 lb